Bagsy is one our most stylish brands, and with it being the fashion season, we thought there was no better time to get to know their cosmetic range even better. These pocket-sized pieces of cruelty-free makeup are all beautifully packaged and oh so giftable. We talk to Founder, Jane Fletcher, about her application tips and the brand’s collaboration with fashion designer, Savannah Miller. Discover the world of Bagsy...
1. How did the collaboration with Savannah Miller come about? And what was the inspiration behind the range?
Savannah Miller was already on our radar with her exquisite clothing collection, Nine, and it was evident that both brands shared a love for creating beautifully designed, quality products for women. We saw real synergy between both brands and just like her clothes the products are 'beautifully practical.’ We worked closely with Savannah, who immersed herself in the creation of the range from conception to final edit, introducing a collection which contributes towards women looking and feeling their very best.
2. Let's talk packaging, can you tell me a bit more about how you choose each print?
Packaging is so important to us, we wanted Bagsy to stand out in a crowded market and be bright, modern and beautiful. Each pattern was chosen to represent the colour way of the product to give an eclectic design mix. We had great fun choosing each of the patterns and everyone of us in the Bagsy team has their favourite!
Image credit: @missusher3
3. For the effortless, natural yet sun-kissed look, which 3 products would you choose?
For an easy day time look I would suggest the Ray of Sunshine Bronzer, applied with our beautiful small but perfect Kabuki Brush, the Savannah Miller X Bagsy Dawn to Dusk Eyeshadow Palette and the Lip Velvet lip colour.
4. The reversible nib in the Intensifying Ink Liquid Eyeliner by Savannah Miller is revolutionary. For the pros, can you explain how this makes your eyeliner flawless? For the makeup novices - talk us through the easiest eyeliner to master?
Whether you’re a fan of ‘cat eyes’, sweeping flicks or delicate, classic eyeliner – our Intensifying Ink Liquid Liner is the perfect addition to your makeup bag. For dramatic flicks, extend the nib to a length that suits your style and stamp or sweep along the upper lash-line. To reach those challenging areas, push the nib to its smallest point. Best of all? The nib is reversible, so if the product starts to dry out after a few months, simply grab a pair of tweezers and rotate to refresh the ink.
Image credit: @krista_madden
5. Highlighting is a huge beauty trend which we all want to master. The Wonder Wand, a concealer and highlight duo in a creamy chubby stick is fool-proof. How would you use for maximum impact?
There are multiple ways to use Wonder Wand. If you’re looking to conceal any blemishes and under-eye circles, then you can rely on the concealer half to do the job. If the creamy concealer is a little too dark for your skin tone, we recommend blending it with the illuminator for a lighter finish. For radiant, dewy and highlighted skin, apply the illuminating (white) side of the Wonder Wand along the top of your cheeks bones, arches of your brows, the length of your nose and in the corners of your eyes.
6. Savannah Miller's Vermillion Lipstick really does suit all skin tones (we’ve put it to the test!). What makes it a suit-all red?
It really does suit everyone and that's the beauty of it. The key to a flattering shade of red lipstick is a delicate balance of colour pigments, it's important to form a base of subtle blue undertones, nothing too pink and nothing too orange. The formula is matte satin, so it's really comfortable and incredibly long lasting.
Image credit: @georginagrogan_
7. Jane, with your background in cosmetics, what gave you the confidence to start your own brand?
Here at Swallowfield (a beauty manufacturer) we have over 50 years expertise in formulating and manufacturing for major global brands as well as niche smaller brands. After extensive research we got 'under the skin' of what women have in their handbags on a daily basis, it was staggering the number of products that they carried. Bagsy came about to make beauty products easy to use and easy to choose, as well as being multifunctional and portable, we wanted to simplify the buying process for women and give them the edited best bits of beauty. We are really proud of Bagsy and our new collection with Savannah and hope you love it as much as we do.
Click Shop Now below to see our full Bagsy collection.